Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Found Faces Story



     Hey, the name's Aaron. How's it going? Well that doesn't really matter because this story is about me, not you. So I guess I'll start off with my family; there's my mom, Cathy. I assume she's like all other moms out there; cooks my food, does my laundry and is waiting on my hand and foot. My dad's name is Phil and he's socially awkward so I do most of the talking when we are together which is totally fine with me. But anyways, I want to tell you the story of how I went from being the "Butterfly Boy" to a model at Abercrombie.
     When I was younger I was a total geek. Everybody made fun of me because I would spend hours in our butterfly garden at school observing them and then telling people all of their names. That's a secret talent of mine; I can name every single type of butterfly that has ever existed. It takes a while but I can still do it. They were just so interesting to me because I felt like I could relate to them. The butterflies were very delicate and were cautious around people, but they seemed to love me. So thats where I spent my mornings, afternoons and evenings and eventually got the name Butterfly Boy by my fellow classmates. As a I grew up the torture continued, so I studied them only when I knew I was alone. But I took up another "hobby" you could say. Most people collect stamps or marbles or something like that. Well not me, I collect goldfish. I got my first goldfish when I was five and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, Stanley was my best friend. But one day there was a tragic accident and he ended up slipping and going down the drain. I fell apart. So I went to the fish store and bought 20 goldfish so that just in case one of them died I had others to replace it. They ended up being very good company; never complaining about their life, didn't wake me up in the middle of the night to go potty, just swam around in their tanks so I had someone to talk to. Wow, I was a weird kid. But throughout the years I have added to my collection, Now I have over 300 goldfish that are in beautiful tanks set up all through the walls in my house. I love them, no matter how dorky it may be.
     At the age of 16 I got the chance to travel the world's butterfly gardens because of my talent with them, it's almost like we had a silent communication that no one else could understand. In Japan while surrounded by a garden teeming with butterflies, a beautiful woman came up to me and asked me my name. I hadn't had much contact with women because I was such a geek. I told her my name and we started talking. Apparently she was a model scout from Abercrombie and that was the moment my life changed. I went back to California with her and went through and extensive makeover; working out everyday, lost the glasses and acne and had my first photoshoot. I loved my new life.
     Every morning I wake up and work out, feed all my goldfish and take pictures of myself to get ready for the day. So I guess the moral of the story is every loser can turn into someone like me if they're lucky. So keep your chins up!

No comments:

Post a Comment